Property for Sale in Lymington, New Forest, Hampshire
3 bedroom semi-detached house - Waterloo Road, Lymington, Hampshire, SO41
Guide Price: £479,950.00 Stamp Duty Saving: £13,997.50
Type: Semi-detached, Tenure: Freehold
The centre of the Georgian market town of Lymington with its cosmopolitan shopping and picturesque harbour is within easy reach of this property. Lymington railway station, less than a minutes’ walk away, makes it ideal for commuting. Lymington Town Quay where you can watch yachts come and go, eat ice creams and enjoy crabbing, is less than three minutes’ walk away. Also, within the same distance is the centre of town with grocery & boutique shops, lively pubs and restaurants. There’s also a CrossFit gym less than a minutes’ walk away. The property has no forward buying chain and is ready to move in to.
The property has been the subject of a considerable amount of work including a roof rebuild including natural slate, an attic conversion & rear extension, amounting to a generous 123m2 floor area (41m2 per floor). All windows have been replaced with solid hardwood double glazed sashes. It has undergone rewiring & plumbing throughout and has had cavity wall insulation injection. All original wall & ceiling plaster has been taken back to the solid red brickwork or joists and renewed. All first/second floor joists are new. The central heating system is run by the renowned Worcester 37cdi gas boiler providing limitless hot water on demand including to the underfloor heating system. Smoke, heat and Co2 alarms are fitted. All doors and windows are lockable.
The main entrance to the property is off-road from a secluded path that runs further along to the pleasant garden at the rear. Once inside the main entrance hall, it accesses the kitchen, utility area and front lounge.
The kitchen diner is made up of a generous kitchen area with a six ring gas & electric cooker and plenty of food preparation surface. There is a wide breakfast bar between the kitchen and dining area. For dining, six can quite comfortably enjoy the view of the private garden at the back of the house.
The utility area adjacent to the kitchen has inbuilt area for a washing machine, there’s also a tumble drier, sink and toilet serving the ground floor.
The front lounge is a sizeable room that gets the afternoon sun and makes a pleasant relaxing environment away from the other end of the property.
The first floor has two generous bedrooms - east and west facing with a well presented bathroom serving both independently. The bathroom has a bath, large shower, airing cupboard, sink and toilet.
The second-floor loft conversion is split into two areas; one very useful self-contained storage area and the other which could be an ideal office space or bedroom. With four roof windows, this is a well-lit quiet get-away with views of the town.
There is a lovely garden at the rear of the property. It’s a generous size and larger than most of this property type. The boundary is a red brick wall, fencing and well-established privet bushes giving a private space that enjoys the sun throughout the day.
Landline Phone, Mains Electricity, Gas, Water & Drainage.
Lymington is a charming Georgian town situated on the edge of the New Forest and the Solent. As well as being a well-known sailing town, Lymington has a busy Saturday market on its attractive high street. The town has everything you'd want from boutique shops and supermarkets to lively pubs and restaurants. Lymington town quay is very popular with its cobbled stone walkways lined with shops that lead to the town slipway and view of Lymington river.
There are many well regarded private and state schools within a short distance, including Lymington Infant and Junior Schools, William Gilpin School, Priestlands Secondary School, Walhampton Independent School and Ballard School.
Lymington railway station links with the main line station of Brockenhurst connecting to Weymouth, Exeter & London Waterloo terminals.
The M27 can be accessed at Junction 1 or 2 and links to the M3 affording easy access to Winchester, Basingstoke and London.
Southampton and Bournemouth airports provide easy and quick access to many domestic and international destinations.
Location Hampshire, GB - SO419DB
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).
(Please note: The energy performance certificate does not take account of the in roof insulation (between rafters) as under assement, it cannot be seen without causing damage. The same applies to the solid floor insulation. As a result the EPC shows a lower than actual efficiency).
- Tesco Metro - 110-111 High St, Lymington SO41 9AP
- M & S Simply Food - 2-5 St Thomas St, Lymington SO41 9NA
- Waitrose & Partners - Stanford Rd, Lymington SO41 9GF
- Roots & Fruits - 1 Angel Courtyard, Lymington SO41 9AP
- Cafe Tres Bon - 22 High Street, New Forest, Lymington SO41 9AD
- Koh Thai - 113 High Street, New Forest, Lymington SO41 9AP
- Prezzo Italian - 55 High St, Lymington SO41 9AH
- Pizza Express - 68 High St, Lymington SO41 9AL
- Lymington Infant School - Avenue Rd, Lymington SO41 9GP
- Lymington Junior School - 15 Avenue Rd, Lymington SO41 9GP
- Priestlands School - North St, Pennington, Lymington SO41 8FZ
- Wallhampton School - School Ln, Walhampton, Lymington SO41 5ZG
- William Gilpin School - Pilley Hill, Boldre, Lymington SO41 5QG
- Milford School - 3 Lymington Rd, Milford on Sea, Lymington SO41 0RF
- Our Lady St Joseph School - 83 Ramley Rd, Lymington SO41 8GY
Health & Fitness
- Lymington Health & Leisure Centre - North St, Lymington SO41 8FZ
- Crossfit Lymington - Unit 1 Bridge Rd, Lymington SO41 9BY
- Lawrence Boxing Club - Alan Farrar Gymnasium, 3 Marsh Ln, Lymington SO41 9EW
- Stanwell House - 14-15 High St, Lymington SO41 9AA
- The Angel - 105-106 High St, Lymington SO41 9AP
- The Mayflower - King's Saltern Rd, Lymington SO41 3QD
- The Bosuns Chair - Station St, Lymington SO41 3BA
- The Ship Inn - The Ship Inn The, Quay Hill, Lymington SO41 3AY
- The Kings Head Inn - 1 Quay Hill, Lymington SO41 3AR
- The Ferryman - Undershore Rd, Lymington SO41 5SB
- The Monkey House - 167 Southampton Road, New Forest, Lymington SO41 9HA
- The Fishermans Rest - All Saints Rd, Lymington SO41 8FD
- Boots Chemist - 41/42 St Thomas St, Lymington SO41 9ND
- Post Office - 1-3, Mews, Rashley House, Lymington SO41 9AR
- Chawton House Surgery - 45 St Thomas St, Lymington SO41 9ND
- Wisteria Surgery - 18 Avenue Rd, Lymington SO41 9GJ
- Lymington New Forest Hospital - Wellworthy Rd, Lymington SO41 8QD
- Solent House Dental Surgery - Cannon St, Lymington SO41 9BR
- Avenue House Dental Practice - 44 Southampton Rd, Lymington SO41 9GG
- Seadown Veterinary Group - 4 Avenue Rd, Lymington SO41 9GJ